The University of Notre Dame (www.nd.edu) is accepting applications from both laypeople and religious to serve as Residence Hall Rectors. Each Rector serves as the primary pastoral leader, administrator and community builder for one of 30 single-sex undergraduate halls or of two coed graduate facilities. This position is responsible for the well-being and development of all residents, and assists students in the integration of their intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual formation.
The Rector position is a live-in, full time position, which is 10 months in the undergraduate halls and 12 months in the graduate facilities (with new Rectors arriving in mid-July for orientation and training). The position offers full-time benefits, including a retirement plan, a furnished apartment, and a meal plan.
Please visit the website rector.nd.edu to learn more and to apply.
Applications due March 24th.
- Master’s degree in Theology, Higher Education, Counseling or a related field
- At least three years of experience in a related field such as pastoral ministry, education, student personnel or counseling
- Understanding of the structure, mission, and values of institutions of Catholic higher education
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in higher education with faculty, staff and students
- Knowledge of student life issues
- Supervisory experience, particularly training and coordinating volunteers
- Effective interpersonal skills, including a willingness to create a welcoming environment for all people
- Ability to design, coordinate, implement and evaluate programs with and for students
- Capacity to manage stress and maintain personal and emotional stability in a demanding work environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with a facility for public speaking
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated attention to detail
- Competent with technology (MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn new systems