Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Holy Spirit Parish
410 Lear Rd, Avon Lake, OH 44012
The Youth Minister (YM) is a full-time (40 hour), salaried member of the catechetical team of Holy Spirit Catholic Church. The YM will work with the DRE in planning and scheduling programs for the Junior and Senior High School Youth of the Parish. The YM is accountable to the DRE and to the Pastor. The YM will creatively implement the three goals of the USCCB youth ministry document, “Renewing the Vision” to design, develop, and implement a comprehensive youth ministry program for the parish. The YM must also be open to the development of cluster and/or regional collaboration.
I. Renewing the Vision
· Use the three articulated goals of the USCCB document, “Renewing the Vision” as a blueprint for building a Junior and Senior High School, parish-based Youth Ministry.
· Goal 1: To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
· Goal 2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community.
· Goal 3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
· Recruit volunteers
· Team-Ministry: work cooperatively with others to set goals and share responsibility
· Train adult volunteers as youth ministry leaders according to the principles and components of “Renewing the Vision” for the parish-based youth group
· Collaborate with parents so as to include their voices in the design and implementation of youth ministry programming
II. Administrative Tasks
· Develop effective means of communication with teens and their parents
· Incorporate a family perspective into programs and activities
· Coordinate Liturgical and retreat experiences for students in Junior and Senior High School
· Encourage community-building activities for students
· Incorporate young people fully into all aspects of church life and engage them in ministry and leadership in the Faith community
· Administer a quality catechetical program with a defined curriculum approved by the diocesan and parish staff
· Be visible to the Parish community
· Implement diocesan policies and guidelines regarding religious education for youth
· Attend staff meetings and Pastoral Council Meetings
· Keep current with legal themes, issues and the legal policies of the Diocese of
III. Coordinator of Activities
· Plan, carry out and evaluate appropriate projects and activities; e.g. service, social, seasonal, family and fun
· Prepare permission slips and registration materials pertinent to all youth ministry activities
IV. Assist the DRE as Needed
· Teach Grade Eight PSR during the Academic Year and Summer School Programs
· Provide a regular ministry of presence at both the Academic Year and Summer School PSR Programs
· Lead the Confirmation Preparation Program and Confirmation retreat