Ss. Peter and Paul Parish is seeking a full-time Pastoral Associate for Youth Faith Formation to administer a comprehensive faith formation program for grades K-12. The Pastoral Associate encourages and empowers the Ss. Peter and Paul Community to minister to and with all parish youth.
Lead the Youth Ministry Commission.
• Working with the members of the Youth Ministry Commission, design and coordinate a comprehensive parish youth program using the goals and components set forth by the document Renewing the Visions: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
• Facilitate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of long and short range program goals.
• Interpret the needs of the youth at Ss. Peter and Paul.
Coordinate and oversee the recruitment, training, and support of adults and youth in the youth ministry program.
• Training for adults in leadership roles should include: ministry area descriptions, recruiting additional help, spiritual support, appreciation, and administrative support for events.
• Ensure all volunteers (adults and youth) are compliant with the Diocese of Belleville Child Protection requirements.
Coordinates/Oversees/Supports (as necessary) the following areas of Youth Faith Formation, including, but not limited to:
• Community building activities and events (in age appropriate groupings).
• Summer events and activities.
• Service and outreach opportunities.
• High School Faith Formation.
• Jr. High Faith Enrichment opportunities.
• Youth celebrations within Liturgical Seasons.
• Enrichment activities for youth and families such as: children’s
masses, Christmas and Easter events, family events, etc.
• Vacation Bible School.
• Attendance at Regional and National Catholic Youth
Create and maintain a budget for Youth Ministry following the budgetary procedures set by the Pastor/Parish Administrator, parish finance committee, and/or parish business manager.
Assist Ss. Peter and Paul School and Parish School of Religion
• Assist and support the SPPCS Principal and PSR Coordinator
with the religious education and formation curriculum and
programs for students in grades PreK-8.
• Assist and support the Pastor, Principal, and PSR Coordinator
with the planning and preparation for weekday liturgies.
• Coordinate and oversee sacramental preparation programs
(First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation).
Communicate regularly with parents, parishioners, and parish committees to foster involvement of youth in parish life.
Serve as a liaison with the Diocesan Office of Youth Ministry and their programs, services, and resources.
Attend monthly staff meetings.
Ex officio member of Pastoral Council
• Attend monthly Pastoral Council Meetings
• Prepare a report for Pastoral Council Meetings
The Pastoral Associate for Youth Faith Formation oversees the coordination and sacramental preparation of parish school aged candidates who attend PSR, SPPCS, Homeschool, or other private Catholic Academies.
• Schedule dates for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion,
and Confirmation in conjunction with the pastor and pastoral staff.
• Schedules and coordinates the sacramental meetings for
parents of school-age candidates for First Reconciliation, First
Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
• Schedules, coordinates, and prepares retreat days for
Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
• Prepares the liturgy (working with the pastor/parish
administrator) for Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and
• Creates and oversees catechetical planning for older baptized
Catholic children and/or teens who seek the reception of First
Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and/or Confirmation.
• As assigned by the Pastor/Parish Administrator.
Bachelors/Masters degree (or working towards one) in Theology or in related field and/or experience in Youth Leadership.
Computer literate and able to learn Parish Database; knows Microsoft Office.
Excellent language and communication skills.
Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Experience working with adolescents, administration, and management/coordination of 2 or more years.
Flexible and adaptable.
Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic Church offers a competitive salary based on years of experience and educational formation. In addition, we offer health insurance, as well as a retirement plan.
Please send resume to:
Emily Kimutis, Business Manager
Ss. Peter & Paul Catholic Church
204 W. Mill Street
Waterloo, IL 62298